Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Week "Off"

Several of you have teased me about how I spent my week off of school. I had a class that ended last Sunday, and I start a new one tomorrow. I still had to work every day, but without homework in the evenings, I made the most of my time. Here’s what I did in the evenings and over the weekend this week (in no particular order): painted the master bathroom, did my taxes, had dinner with my parents, had my piano tuned, conducted a new student orientation, helped Ryan with a report on bald eagles, helped Ryan prepare a talk for Primary, watched a couple of movies, read a couple of books (not school books!), watched two Jazz games, listened to one BYU game, went to one BYU game, got my hair cut, had dinner and visited with my former roommate, spent some time with other good friends, attended a baptism, went shopping at Cabela’s, planted about 50 bulbs in my front yard (BEFORE the three new inches of snow), and got a massage.

If I weren’t so close to being done with school, I’d be tempted to take more weeks off! I could get used to this “free time” stuff! Alas, back to the grindstone.

No comments: