Friday, March 7, 2008

…And My Little Naturalist

So, approximately 12 hours after I wrote the previous post about Ryan’s rough-and-tumble ways, he did the cutest thing that I have to share.

This morning, he was ready to go before I was. He was anxious to get outside, so I told him to go ahead and go outside and wait for me, that I would just be another minute. He went outside, leaving the door open. As I was putting on my shoes and coat, I could hear him having a little conversation with a chickadee. Ryan knows several bird calls, and “talks” with the quail and chickadees in our yard quite frequently. So, this morning, he would whistle to the chickadee, and the chickadee would answer. It was so cute that I just stood by the door where he couldn’t see me and listened for a while.

As I walked out the door, he said (to the chickadee), “I’d love to stay and talk longer, but I have to go to school.” He has made a new friend. :)

1 comment:

~Cindy said...

That is the sweetest thing! Ryan truly is a little blessing from God.