Friday, March 28, 2008

Bizarre Talents

Those of you that have known me for a while know that I have a few amusing talents that I only share during boring parties, those “two truths and a lie” games, or work talent shows where half of the audience has had a couple of drinks and thinks everything is hysterical. So it should have come as no surprise a couple of days ago when Ryan said, “Mom, do you know that I can put my whole fist in my mouth?” Sure enough…My next question was the obvious one: “How, exactly, did you figure out that you could do that?” His response? “I don’t know…I just did.” Again, I shouldn’t be surprised. That’s the same answer I give when people ask me how, exactly, I figured out that I can hold a pen with my top lip and a pencil with my bottom lip at the same time.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Melanie,

That is soooo funny! I got a good laugh out of Ryan sticking his hand in his mouth, but truth be told, I laughed out loud to think of YOU holding a pen with one lip and a pencil with the other!!!

Really, you need to take a pic of that:O)

I miss talking to you!

Tracie

kimM said...

Melanie,
Thanks for your blog info-you are such a cute mom. I love the bizarre talents (we like to get people to play "stupid human tricks--it is always great to see what people come up with".) I am proud to say I can plug my nose with my lips and Andy can squeak his ears.