Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I am so lucky to have such an awesome dad! Being that I’m his only daughter, we have always had a very special relationship. He has always provided me with the guidance, direction, support, encouragement, and love that I have needed. Especially the past six years, I have relied on his wisdom, his insights, his blessings, and his unconditional love. I don’t know how I would have made it through the past few years without him. I am so proud to be his daughter.

Here are the highlights of the day:

As most of you know, Ryan has a talent for pulling his loose teeth on special days or in cool places. Last year he pulled a tooth on my dad's birthday. Well, this afternoon we went to Deseret Book to grab a couple of books for my dad. As we were walking in, Ryan said, “Mom, did you know that I have another loose tooth?” He went to look at some of the kids’ books while I got the books for my dad. A few minutes later, Ryan came up to me holding his tooth in his hand, with this big grin on his face. He immediately called Papa to tell him that he not only pulled ANOTHER tooth on ANOTHER birthday, but that he pulled it in Deseret Book. What a crack up!

Our family celebrated Papa’s 67th birthday at Ruth’s Chris Steak House for dinner. None of us had ever been there before. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Normally, steak is not at the top of my favorite foods list, but this was good stuff. If that’s how steak was every time, I’d definitely eat it more often. I, of course, had the “surf and turf.” I got my steak “Louie” style with crab, asparagus, and béarnaise sauce, with shrimp on the side. Mmmmmm!!! It’s always fun to be together as a family and to catch up with everything that is going on with everybody.

I hope you had a great day, Dad! I love you!

No comments: