Sunday, June 8, 2008

I've Been Busy!

My name is Melanie and it’s been one week since my last blog post.

Ok, I know you’ve all been waiting on the edge of your seats with bated breath for my next post. Sorry about that! I’ve been knee-deep in paint, blue tape, and carpet cleaning solution.

Ever since I redecorated the master bedroom and bathroom, I’ve had the overwhelming desire to do the rest of the house. It has just been an issue of time and money (more specifically, the lack thereof.) Well, I decided to take the summer off of school (I’m still working and teaching classes, just not taking any) and my car is now paid off. So I’ve been keeping my eyes open for things I like and ideas of what I want to do.

Conveniently, my newfound time and money coincided with Memorial Day furniture sales. Last week I found an absolutely gorgeous 7-piece living room set for almost 50% off the regular price. I’m sure most of you feel the same way I do – 50% off is a GREAT characteristic for anything to have. I bought the set and arranged for it to be delivered yesterday.

Here are a few “before” pictures of the living room…
So, Monday and Tuesday we took EVERYTHING out of my living room. Wednesday we cleaned, taped, and painted. Ryan thought it was really funny that he had to practice the piano in the kitchen!
Thursday the carpets and drapes were cleaned. We had a couple of other things going on Friday, so we took a break from the house stuff. Saturday the furniture was delivered. It is beautiful! (It looks much better in person, so feel free to stop by for a look.)
I am so excited to finish decorating. I’m still on the lookout for things that really strike me for the walls, so they’re still bare at the moment. But since I kind of have in my mind what I want, I’m sure they won’t be bare long.

Now on to the kitchen!

No comments: