Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bizarre Illness Update

We have now made our third doctor visit in five days. Since Ryan’s pediatrician was back in his office, we decided to have him take a look at Ryan. The first thing he said was, “Hmmmm…very interesting. (pause) It’s not really a good thing when I say ‘interesting'.” Great. Just what a mom wants to hear.

We have now ruled out chicken pox, strep, West Nile Virus, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and a variety of other things. I panicked for a moment when the doctor said, “I don’t suppose you’ve been to the tropics recently.” I think he panicked for a moment when I said, “Um…yea.” After a few more questions relating to incubation periods, we determined that it wasn’t some bizarre tropical disease, either.

The good news is that Ryan’s fever has gone down substantially. He seems to be doing better, so maybe we’re on the home stretch of this thing. If anyone has any ideas of what it might be, I’d be happy to hear! We have the medical professionals stumped!

A funny side-note-update…as I mentioned in this post, my brother LOVES (read sarcasm) the unpredictable Utah spring weather. He called yesterday morning to check on Ryan…and to report that they had SNOW at their house! Yes, snow in Utah on June 11. We’re all ready for REAL summer.

1 comment:

Tim said...

What in the world?!?! I miss reading for a few days and your world turns upside down! So how is he today? Email me!!