Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Think We're Good!

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and phone calls and emails. And I completely understand your reluctance to visit in person!

Thank you, also, for your ideas and thoughts about what it could be. I should have mentioned that an allergic reaction was also ruled out early on. That was one of my first thoughts, especially with all of the paint and various cleaning products and solutions around our house the prior week. Thank you for your concerns about meningitis, too. Yes, that was also one of my first thoughts and fears. I don't think my family could have gone through THAT again! The doctors also ruled that out early on. Luckily with just a few questions, not with a spinal tap!

Ryan is doing so much better! We were able to keep the fever under control during the week, and he apparently also stayed pretty well hydrated. Those were the two main concerns of the doctors. He appears to be back to normal temperature, and the rash is almost gone. I still haven't taken the sheet off of the new couch yet, though.

Jeff (Ryan’s dad) drove up from Las Vegas to hang out with Ryan today. We’ve even ventured out into public a couple of times! The doctors are pretty sure it was just a weird virus, and felt that Ryan would have been well over any contagious periods by Friday (yesterday). We hope that is the case!

Thank you, again, for your concern! I think we’re getting back to normal. I even had Ryan do all of his chores today! :)

I am so grateful for my awesome family and friends. I couldn’t make it through stuff like this without all of you!

No comments: