Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hostile Corporate Takeover

I should have known this day would come. Ryan is the only child of two oldest children. All four of his grandparents are also oldest children. To me, that’s a recipe for assertive and bossy behavior.

A couple of weeks ago, some neighbor kids set up a lemonade stand on the corner. Ryan walked down the street to check it out. A few minutes later, he came home and said, “Mom, they really need some help. Their prices are too high and they don’t have a very good sign. I need some cardboard, a marker, and some tape.” So I gathered the items and sent him out into the business world.

I’m not exactly sure how it was all communicated, but when I went to check on them about 15 minutes later, they had a big sign up (one of the older girls had written it), and had lowered their prices. Oddly, Ryan was the only one there. Apparently two of the girls had gone inside to make more lemonade, and two of the other kids had gone to find other things to sell. I’m not sure whose idea that was, and I’m not sure I want to know.
Yes, I bought a cup.
And...TOTALLY unrelated...a big congrats to the Highland rugby team for winning the national championship last night!!! They beat the Utah United team 45-7! We think it's AWESOME that two Utah teams played for the national championship! It would have been a great outcome whichever team came away with the victory!

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

love it! Our kids have sold golf balls to golfers (we back to a golf course). They're smart and sit at the path after the 18th hole...by then the golfers are needing new balls, might be a wee-bit tipsy, and are almost always suckers for cute kids selling stuff. PLUS, some of those balls are EXPENSIVE. ;)