Monday, May 19, 2008

Two Sure Things in Utah in May

My brother, Marc, has said for years...“I don’t know why it’s always such a surprise to people living in Utah…two things ALWAYS happen in May. The Jazz lose in the playoffs, and it snows.”

Well, sadly, the Jazz lost to the Lakers on Friday night. That’s all I have to say about that. Please, my Southern California friends, no more. I watched it. Every last miserable second.

Spring weather in Utah is about as frustrating as watching the Jazz. Here is our forecast for this week.

True, there is only rain, no snow...this week. However, it snowed a couple of days earlier this month. Fortunately, we were in Hawaii and missed it all. (Although, here is my backyard during the 40-degree temperatures and hail storm last Monday.)Maybe we should plan tropical vacations every May. We could avoid the snow AND the playoff games!

1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

my sister didn't tell me it SNOWED! ;)

I have an Indiana Jones Party question...the Fruit-scented distractions? Were they Skittles? Also, where did you find the Chinese Handcuffs? THANK YOU! thedllon6 at comcast dot net