Saturday, May 24, 2008

Answer: Of course we did!

Question: Did we go see “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” on opening day?

What kind of mother would I be had we missed that? And what kind of mother would I be if I hadn’t let my kid go to the movie dressed like this…
Yes, he really did. The funny thing was that about a dozen people (both adults and kids) told him that he looked AWESOME! Another half dozen asked him where he got his cool hat. It was my Grandpa Jensen’s (with whom Ryan shares his middle name).

So, in case you’re wondering, we give it mixed reviews. The kid in our group LOVED it. The adults…not so much. Well, we decided that we liked the first 80% of the show, but after that, it got a little too cheesy. We decided that it was “National Treasure 2” meets “ET.” Sorry if that gives anything away for those who haven’t seen it yet.

2 comments:

Laurel C. said...

My husband is right there with you. He went to a midnight showing of the movie and had to drive 30 minutes (one way) to get there. He got home at 3 AM, but said it was worth it! BTW: He also gave it the kind of review that you did.

I'm glad to see that you guys had so much fun!

Tim said...

Hi Melanie,

As I type my guys are in the living room watching IJ 1-3! I must be a bad mommy because we haven't gone to see the new one yet. I wanted to hear reviews first to see if it was ok for the kids. Looks like it passed the Ryan test :O) Love the outfit! Thanks for the movie review... Tracie