Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference Weekend/City Creek Center

On Saturday, March 31, Papa took Ryan to his very first General Priesthood Meeting – in the Conference Center! Marc was able to get tickets and gave them to Papa & Ryan so they could go together. Thanks, Marc! The guys looked so handsome as we left!
Rara & I dropped off Papa & Ryan at the Conference Center, and then we went to the new City Creek Center. This is the two-block shopping area that was the ZCMI Center and Crossroads Mall when I was growing up. It is BEAUTIFUL!






We went into Mr. Mac to look at suits for Ryan, and ran into my long-time friend, Marianne! We grew up in the same stake, and went to school together. She worked at Mr. Mac while she was in college, and they still call her back every once in a while, even though she is now a teacher. It was so great to see her and talk with her for a while! We’ve stayed in contact through Facebook, but I hadn’t seen her for years.

Rara & I walked around City Creek for a while, and then went into Deseret Book for their semi-annual “ladies night” (during Priesthood Meeting). We put our names in the drawing, and walked around for a while, then sat near the window display to listen for the winners of the drawing. As we were sitting there, someone walked in that I recognized. It was my former BYU roommate, Jody! I yelled at her (it was loud in the store). She turned around, and was so shocked to see me! Jody and I had also reconnected through Facebook, but I don’t think I’ve seen her since we were roommates! She lives in California, but had posted on Facebook that she & her husband were coming up for conference. I’m so glad she had posted that! Otherwise I would have doubted myself that it was really her!

Papa & Ryan met us at Deseret Book, and Jody was able to talk with Rara & Papa again, and met Ryan. Our family was also able to meet Jody’s husband, Will.
Rara, Papa, Ry & I walked around City Creek a little bit so the guys could see it.
We especially liked the fire & water fountain, choreographed to music by the same people who created the Bellagio fountain in Las Vegas.



What a fun evening we all had together!

No comments: