Wednesday, April 25, 2012

7th Grade Officer Campaign

I mentioned in this post that I was able to be in Ryan’s classroom on the day he gave his classroom speech for 7th grade officer. He was one of the students selected from his class to go on to campaign in the entire 6th grade. He decided to use a Forrest Gump theme for his campaign.

His poster…

(It's hard to tell from his picture, but we used 3-D pop dots to attach the picture of him running.)

His campaign speech/skit to the entire 6th grade was given on his birthday. He had borrowed one of Papa’s old briefcases for his skit, and couldn’t get it open at the last minute! He called Papa, who ran up to the school to help. They ended up having to pry open the briefcase with a screwdriver! The assistant principal jokingly asked if anything was going to explode as the briefcase flew open. They were able to open it, and Ryan gave his speech:

*******

From the time I was young, my friend Jenny used to say, “Run, Forrest, Run!”

So here I am… *running* for 7th grade office.


My Mama used to say, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

(Ryan held up a box of chocolates that he pulled from the briefcase.)

You know what you’re gonna get with me. I’ve been on the student council this year, and I’ve worked my hardest to make this school and school year great.


My Mama used to say, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

I want to make sure that no one feels stupid due to bullying or because they don’t have what others may have.


My Mama used to say, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”

As we go into junior high, we want to keep the friends we have from Muir, but we also want to make new friends that went to other schools. Remember to say nice things about others.


My Mama used to say that you can tell a person by their shoes, where the go, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes.

(I gave Ryan a pair of my old, trashed running shoes. He took a pocket knife to them and destroyed them even more. He wore them during his speech/skit.)

As you can see by my shoes, I’ve been working really hard this year. If you vote for me, I’ll work just has hard next year.


Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was running!

(Run around)

My name is Ryan Olson, and I’m *running* for 7th grade officer.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments: