Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What Sort of Thinker Are You?

Those of you on Facebook know that there are about a gazillion “What type of (fill in the blank) are you?” quizzes on Facebook. I have never taken one before, since most of them seem rather pointless. I don’t need to know what type of cheese or vegetable, or which Avatar or Twilight character I am. However, there was one a few days ago that caught my attention: “What Sort of Thinker Are You? Strategist, Theorist, Ethicist, or Philosopher?” I HAD to take it!

Here’s my outcome:

You’re a Social Reform Theorist: Like Voltaire.

You have a strong sense of social morality, equity, and public comment similar to: Francois-Marie Arouet: lived from 1694 to 1778 and is best known by his pen name, “Voltaire.” He was a writer during the French Enlightenment and was known for his defense of civil liberties, philosophical sport and sharp satires. Although he wrote around 20,000 letters and over two thousand books and pamphlets, his work, “Candide, o l’Optimisme” remains his best known.

I just finished a Cyberethics course, which included discussions on justice, morality, and social responsibility. I wonder if that had anything to do with the outcome, or if this is what I would be, regardless of my current readings. Interesting!

1 comment:

~Cindy said...

Cool! Did you take this quiz from a link? You should post it! I'd like to take it.