Friday, July 2, 2010

Father’s Day 2010

My flight from Dallas was supposed to land at 4:15 pm on Sunday, June 20 (Father’s Day). We planned to have our family Father’s Day celebration at Rara & Papa’s that afternoon/evening. We thought the timing was perfect – Rara could stay at home with Marc, Frances, Alice & Claire, while Papa & Ryan came to the airport to pick me up. Since Frances went on call at 7:00 pm (and basically had to be home by then to be in range), we knew it would be tight, but it would work.

Well, of course, my plane was an hour late. Papa had forgotten to take his phone, so when I called as we landed, Rara picked up his cell phone at home. Since Papa & Ryan were just going to pick me up, they circled several times watching for me. When I didn’t come out, they parked and went in, and found that my flight had been delayed. We missed each other as I came through the airport, but they found me at the curb watching and calling Rara again to see if she had heard from them.

We had a great dinner, and had fun talking and playing with the girls. Papa received a cute picture of Alice & Claire with a mat around the picture with their handprints on it. We gave him the Larry H. Miller biography (and a couple of Texas souvenirs).Here are a couple of cute pictures of Papa and his grandkids on Father's Day.

No comments: