Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LASIK Update

Today was my 2 week (actually closer to 2 ½ weeks) post-surgery check-up. It went very well. They did all of the same tests and measurements that they did before the LASIK procedure. My vision is now 20/15! I have definitely seen a continuous improvement almost daily since the actual surgery. It was fun to see the actual numbers.

The O.D. said that everything looks like it’s healing well. I’m still not supposed to do anything crazy (like skydiving) for another couple of months. That shouldn’t be a problem. I go back for a final check-up mid-April. That will be just a few days before we leave for Hawaii, so hopefully I’ll get the ok to do all of those crazy things there. :)

A guy in my ward works for the Humanitarian Department of the church. I talked with him on Sunday about donating old glasses, and even unopened contacts. He said they definitely take it all. I’ve put together a bag to take to him on Sunday.

I’m so extremely pleased with the results. I’m sure as I get more into our favorite water activities, and everything else we enjoy during our travels, I will appreciate it even more.

No comments: