Monday, August 15, 2011

Roasted Peeps

I believe this tradition started when I was in college. Now, so many years later, I can’t even remember exactly how it came about. But every Easter, I buy extra Peeps so I can save them to roast over a campfire in the summer.

Step 1 – Put Peeps on roaster

Step 2 – Roast the back of the Peeps first. As they start to get gooey in the center, gravity takes over and the faces automatically turn toward the fire.
Step 3 – Roast the front of the Peeps
Step 4 – Carefully remove Peeps from the roaster
Step 5 – Enjoy the caramelized sugary goodness. Roasted Peeps are like marshmallows with crème brulee topping on top.
I do not recommend using roasted Peeps in s’mores. That’s just WAY too much sugar! Roasted Peeps are best enjoyed with no additions.

No comments: