Sunday, December 30, 2007

Peaceful Christmas Morning

With Marc and Frances in New York for Christmas, it was just Rara and Papa coming to our house Christmas morning. On Christmas Eve, they asked Ryan what time they should come the next morning. He first told them 5:00! We negotiated a bit, and finally decided that 7:30 seemed fair for everyone.

It started snowing late afternoon on Christmas Eve, and snowed most of the night. I had shoveled twice on Christmas Eve, but got up early and went out to shovel again before Mom & Dad came Christmas morning. Instead of the normal morning sounds of people and animals and cars, it was extremely peaceful. There was not a sound the entire time I was shoveling. It was also quite beautiful outside. The sun hadn't come up yet, so while I shoveled, I watched the sky change from the darker colors of the night to the brighter colors of the day. The moon was still up in the west over the Great Salt Lake, and it was just a beautiful sight. Unfortunately, my pictures did not capture all of the amazing colors.
I was grateful for that time I had in the beauty and peace of Christmas morning to think about some things I needed to think about, as well as to reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas. I felt that it was a quiet little Christmas present to me.


2 comments:

garrynkim said...

I can't believe you just started this blog and have updated a whole year. It's nice to get your updates every Christmas. Now I can stay caught up throughout the year!!

~Cindy said...

Love the pictures, especially the darker one! Thanks for sharing some snow with those of us in the south. I know what you mean about a quiet little present...mom's don't receive those very often.

Happy New Year to you and your little man!