Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23 ~ BC Meet; Ryan helped w/Handcart Days

Saturday, July 23, we were back in Draper bright & early for day 2 of the BC Beehive Finale.

Coach Dale talking with the swimmers before the meet…


200 IM (medaled)…




50 back…

Talking with Coach Steve after the 50 back…
And 50 fly…


Ry’s strongest event is still the Butterfly, which also definitely helps with his IM. Interestingly, he is also doing very well in the distance events. His last three medals have come in the 100 fly, 200 IM and 400 IM.

Ryan has been working on his Citizenship in the Community merit badge this week. Ry & I even went to the Bountiful City Council meeting on Tuesday. One of the requirements was to do some volunteer work in the community. How lucky for Ryan that his grandma volunteers with the Bountiful Historical Society/Museum, and had LOTS of events going on this weekend! Saturday afternoon Ryan went to the Handcart Days activities and helped with the pioneer games and other pioneer activities.

2 comments:

ME Moon said...

i'm curious: what kind of camera do you use because all your swim pictures are pretty darn good!

Melanie said...

Thank you! I'm so glad someone noticed! :) When my old camera died about a year ago, I started a quest to find the perfect camera in my price range. I knew it needed to take great sport shots. I ended up getting a Nikon Coolpix P100 for just over $300. I got it because of the Sport setting, which takes 25 consecutive pictures with one touch of the button (in focus!). I usually end up keeping 1 out of each 25. But it takes a lot of time to go through them. Often after swim meets I end up with a couple THOUSAND pictures total! But it's worth it to get a few great pictures here & there.