Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oakley Rodeo ~ July 1

Papa has a cousin (Della) that lives in Oakley, Utah. When we were growing up, their family would invite us to Oakley for a BBQ and the Oakley rodeo. We haven’t been for several years. This year, Frances got tickets for us all to go to the rodeo, and Della invited us to her family’s house for a BBQ.

Ryan, Alice & Claire had fun playing and jumping on the trampoline with Della’s grandkids.



The rodeo was a lot of fun. As always, Alice loved watching all of the animals. Claire, not so much. She sat on my lap most of the time, patting my face and checking my teeth.


I have to mention that Ryan was really bothered by some of the events. Although he likes to come across as a macho young man, he is a softie at heart. He had a hard time watching events like the calf roping. I think it also upset him a little bit to learn about the “belt” that is put on the broncos and the bulls to make them mad and get them to buck. He thought the clowns were funny. :)



We enjoyed watching the fireworks, too, even though it meant that we got out of Oakley really, really late. It was a fun start to the Independence Day weekend!

1 comment:

ME Moon said...

Claire and Alice are looking TOO grown up! And tell Ryan it's okay to be a softie :) (I remember watching bull fighting in my Spanish class--eek!!!)