Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Birthday Celebrations

I don’t know how other families celebrate birthdays, but our family tends to spread celebrations over a few days. I love it!

The day before my birthday, Frances came to visit and brought me a chocolate chip babka! (Like our traditional Polish nut bread that we make at Christmas, but with chocolate instead of nuts. Wow!) She was doing a presentation on Polish eating habits in one of her classes. (And, no, she didn’t study our family as Ryan questioned. It was a secondary research project.) She made a couple of different things to share with her classmates during her presentation, so she made an extra loaf for my birthday! Yea!

On my birthday (Thursday, October 7), Ryan woke up early and brought me breakfast in bed! He made chocolate chip Eggos and poured dark chocolate almond soy milk. He obviously knows me well! He brought it all to me on our little breakfast tray. I debated including this picture. Now you all know what I look like when I first wake up.The evening of my birthday, Rara & Papa brought dinner and coconut lime cheesecake. Yum!Since we were preparing for our neighborhood yard sale, we spent the rest of the evening getting things together for that. Ryan gave me one of the books I asked for - “I Am a Mother” by Jane Clayson Johnson. Rara & Papa gave me the other book I asked for – “Resilience” by Elizabeth Edwards. I have been reading both of them, and LOVE THEM!On Sunday, October 10, we celebrated together as a family. As always, we had fun with Alice & Claire. Claire was fascinated by the Sesame Street puppets stuck to Ryan’s face. Yes, you read that right.We tickle the girls’ faces to help them relax and sleep. Alice started tickling Ryan’s face.My candle blow-out helpers…Thanks, my awesome family, for several days of birthday happiness!

2 comments:

Heather Dodd said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! You have a wonderful family.. Hope you have a great day! Also thanks for posting how to print your blog I was wondering how you could do it.

Frances said...

I'm so glad you loved the babka! Ours only lasted a couple of days because I couldn't stop eating it.