Thursday, June 10, 2010

4th Grade Utah History Pageant

Thursday, May 27 was a crazy day for us! We were actually triple-booked that night, so we had to do some shuffling around. One of the activities was Ryan’s 4th Grade Utah History Pageant. Luckily, they had a performance earlier in the day for the school kids that I was able to attend. Then Papa took him to his evening performance, and Rara was able to join them to see it.

Most of the music was written for the Utah Centennial in 1996. But the teachers at Ryan’s school, primarily his teacher, put together wonderful dances and hand-actions to create a superb production!

The first song was “Utah: This is the Place,” the new state song (as of 1996). I took video, but I can’t find my cord to the video camera, so I’ll have to post it later.

They had a couple of numbers about Ancient Indians and Native Americans. Here is Ryan in the chorus for those numbers.Ryan’s main role was Father Dominguez in the “Spanish Explorers” number. Again, I took video of his number when I was there, so I don’t have any still pictures. Luckily Rara took some. The cute girl directly in front of Ryan in the first picture (white w/floral) is his “special friend.” And the boy next to Ryan in the second picture (vest) is his best friend. It was fun that they were all in the same number together.Ryan’s other important role was as one of the trains (OK, one of the train HOLDERS) in the Promontory Point song.It was a wonderful program, and all of the kids did a super job. One of the parents recorded the entire program with his professional video equipment, and will be making DVDs for anyone interested. We’re excited to have a copy of the entire program. Ryan still sings all of the songs around the house.

This is my favorite picture from the pageant. I'll save it for blackmail later. :)

No comments: