Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Favorite "Ryanism" of the Week

Ryan is a picky eater, but I know it has more to do with the textures he sees (and sometimes feels) than anything else. Without being too gross, he often gags just at the sight of some food textures.

I've been thinking about taking him to a behavioral therapist to see if they can do anything to help. As we were talking about it tonight, I just used the word "doctor" instead of "behavioral therapist," mainly for simplicity.

After we talked about it all for a few minutes, he said, "So what would the doctor do...remove some of my tastebuds?"

Can they do that?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I wish, then I could eat all sorts of healthy foods without gagging. he is good at asking questions. I always just wondered without verbalizing.

Frances said...

Hahaha! Too bad it's not his taste buds, it his eyes that are the problem!