Monday, April 6, 2009

Girls' Weekend

April 30, 2003 was one of the happiest days of my life. It was the day that I finally got a sister, after a lifetime of wishing for one!This past weekend was a lot of fun. Frances invited all of her sisters to her house for a "girls' weekend." We each chose a meal to prepare, and I chose Saturday lunch. I made a chicken salad croissant wreath. It turned out so great! Too bad we all dug into it before I thought about taking a picture.We had a lot of fun playing with the babies (Rachael brought her baby, Aaron, who is just a little bit older than Alice & Claire), talking, and watching General Conference.I also had a last minute idea of something fun we could do together, and pulled everything together quickly. Over the years, I have enjoyed making paper bag albums and mini albums in Altoid tins. I took up all of the supplies for everyone to make one of each. Here are pictures of us working on them, as well as one of the finished products.
Rachael's dinner on Saturday night was so yummy! She made whole wheat pitas with falafels and tzatziki sauce. (Thanks to the Anderson girls for also creating the fun recipe blog!)
Even though the valley only got a little bit of snow, the canyon got over a foot (added to a couple of feet already there)!
Thanks to my sister and her sisters (and mom) for the fun weekend! (And for sharing the pictures!)

2 comments:

Janae said...

Cute blog post......

Lauren said...

I had such a good time and was so happy that you were there. I can vouch for the chicken salad croissants. They were amazing!