Wednesday, March 25, 2009

S-S-Spring S-S-Soccer in the S-S-Snow

That is the sound of teeth chattering.

Ryan’s Spring season of soccer started yesterday. It had snowed most of the day on Monday, and as of early afternoon on Tuesday, there was still snow on the ground! It melted during the afternoon, but then started snowing again while Ryan’s game was going. It was freezing cold, but the kids were all great sports. Only about half of the kids showed up, so the kids that were there didn’t get much of a break. That was probably a good thing, since it kept them warm.

Ryan played a great game, scoring two goals, and coming within a foot or two of another one! This was Ryan’s first goal of the game.I didn't take very many pictures of the game, since I kept my hands gloved and in my pockets most of the time. Many pictures I did take were blurry due to me shivering. But here's one of Ryan's corner kick, and one of the end-of-game-treat with the snow in the background.
I hope it starts to get warmer VERY soon!!!

1 comment:

SydneyMin said...

Wow. You are a REALLY good mom! Impressive fortitude :)