Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Eating O’ the Green

Most of my loyal readers remember from this post that we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by not only wearing green, but eating green. I can’t help it. It was ingrained into my psyche when I was but a wee lass. I went a step further this year and provided Ryan with two green meals today.

This was his surprise lunch. He called me the moment he walked into Rara & Papa’s house today and said, “Mom! That was the most awesome lunch I’ve ever had!”
And this was dinner. You can’t tell from this picture, but the bread is also green. And, for those of you who are new readers and don’t know the story from last year, our local bakery makes green bread and rolls by special order for St. Patrick’s Day.And did everyone see the fountains at the White House? The First Lady, in the spirit of her hometown Chicago River being dyed green every year for St. Patrick's Day, had the White House fountains dyed green today. I think it's great!

1 comment:

kimM said...

I LOVE things like that. Points scored for being a good mom.