Sunday, February 15, 2009

Random Coincidence

Ryan and I have been reading “The Magic Tree House” series together for a while now. There are about 40 books, and we are on 20. The series is about a brother and sister who travel to different places and times and events by looking at books they find in a tree house.


This week, we’ve been reading “Dingoes at Dinnertime” in which they travel to Australia and save a koala bear from a wildfire.
Interestingly, a similar story was in the news this week about a koala that was saved from the wildfires in Australia.
It's been fun to talk about the "real life" happenings as we read the fictional story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wildfires are always sad. When Matt worked for the forest service in high school and there was wildfire in Idaho (I think) he found a baby bear cub that was burned. I think it survived, although it was missing a lot of hair.
I love the Magic Treehouse books. I think Jonah's almost big enough to sit through at least one "chapter" at a time.

Sonda said...

Oh, my boys LOVE those books. (So do I!) They are so fun to learn about history and new places. The kids don't even realize they are getting a history lesson in the story.