Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday the 13th/Valentine’s Day the 14th

Our “Friday the 13th” was a lot of fun. Every Friday morning, I volunteer in Ryan’s classroom. Yesterday they had a group from the Living Planet Aquarium and some exotic animals come in and do a presentation. It was a lot of fun to see the kids’ reactions as the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, tarantula, black python, etc. made their way around the room to be seen and touched. Ryan, always interested in creatures, got a good look at (and touch of) everything.
On Friday nights, we have been going to Marc and Frances’ house to help with the girls. Frances has been working the graveyard shift at LDS Hospital, so we go up and have dinner together before she leaves, and then we play with the girls and help Marc get them to bed. Our “Friday the 13th” experience actually came last Friday the 6th, as we were involved in a minor accident on our way up to their house. Nothing serious – just bumps and bruises. We had a great time with them yesterday…as always. Here are Alice (top) and Claire (bottom).

Ryan and I had fun making/getting Valentine gifts for everyone (and each other). Ryan apparently informed my dad that he needed to get me a dozen red roses for Valentine’s Day, so Papa took him to get them after school Friday. I have such awesome guys in my life! :)
Marc and Frances love chocolate covered cinnamon bears. We made them a note that said, “Chocolate makes life BEAR-able” and stuck it to the top of the box with their bag of bears in it.
I had heard about a yummy popcorn recipe, so Ryan and I made some for Rara and Papa. You melt white chocolate chips and drizzle it over popped popcorn, and then stir it in. We also added cherry gummy hearts into our mixture. It was SO good!
Ryan loves gummy things, especially Swedish fish. I made him a little note to go with his bag of fish that said, “It’s o-FISH-al…you’re the best son ever!” Of course, we also had a lot of fun making and decorating Valentine cookies.

4 comments:

garrynkim said...

So cute and fun Melanie! Where do you get the energy to do all that??

Melanie said...

Good question! I've also been working on a HUGE paper for a class! I guess it's just always nice to have something fun to look forward to on my breaks from school work.

Anonymous said...

okay, now i can't decide if alice or claire looks more like an inman. i think i'm still leaning towards claire.
i thought about making sugar cookies....for two seconds. maybe when jonah gets bigger and it isn't all me doing the work?

SydneyMin said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your Vday festivities :)