Friday, April 25, 2008

Aloha!

We’re here! Now, before any of you scold me for the time of this post, please remember the time difference.

My Uncle Ted makes fun of me for toting my laptop and BlackBerry on all of our vacations (“Who takes their laptop and BlackBerry to HAWAII?”). Well…me…and Marc. Some of you know that my BlackBerry saved us on our last trip to Hawaii. If it weren’t for my BlackBerry and Mapquest, we would have missed our flight to Kauai! But most importantly, if I didn’t have my laptop, I couldn’t BLOG!

We’ve had a great first couple of days.

Wednesday – We spent most of the day on the plane. Marc and Frances picked us up at about 3:30 Hawaii time. They came in a day earlier to spend some time with Frances’ former foster sister and her husband in Pearl City. We drove to Laie, checked in and got settled, ate, and then visited with Kevin and his family. Ryan has already made some new friends! :)

Thursday – The Polynesian Cultural Center opens at noon, so we spent the morning checking out Temple Beach Park and playing in the pool.


We spent the rest of the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Ryan enjoyed the spear throwing lessons…
getting tattoos…
learning how to dance with poi balls (not to be confused with the poi you eat)…fishing…

the canoe rides…
and meeting the BYU-Hawaii students who work at the PCC… As you know, Friday is a very special day. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

No comments: