Sunday, November 25, 2007

End of 8823 Course

I learned so much from each one of my classmates in this course. All of the presentations were wonderful, and it was great to see the wide variety of topics that were chosen. I have also probably doubled the number of websites I have bookmarked! Everyone shared so many fun websites which I am excited to not only use with my own students, but with my son. I appreciate all of my classmates’ thoughts and insights in this course.

My experience in this course has been similar to those that my classmates have reported. Since I work for an online university, I have been familiar with a variety of technological tools in education, and felt very comfortable entering this course. As I have done the readings and read the experiences and perceptions of my classmates, I realize that there is still so much out there that I have yet to experience.I know that as a faculty member in an online institution, I am responsible for being a leader in the adoption of new technologies, not just one that follows along later. I am excited to continue to explore the new available technologies, and look for ways in which they can be implemented in my institution.

Even though this blog was started as an assignment for this course, I am going to keep it going at least throughout the rest of my program at Walden. It has been a fun way to reflect on the topics of each week. So, I will say once again…

Until next time…

3 comments:

Heather Farley said...

Melanie,

I hope you do keep up with your blog...I will be sure to check back and see how you're doing. I've thought about keeping mine updated, but I guess it depends on how busy I get with other courses and KAMs. I always start with great intentions, and then they seem to fall by the wayside as life gets in the way....

Have a great holiday!
Heather

Meredith said...

Melanie,
I've enjoyed working with you this term!
Meredith

Melanie said...

Heather, that is SO true! I may end up doing monthly posts instead of weekly.

Heather & Meredith, I've enjoyed working with both of you, too! I hope to see you again in future courses.

Since it's my blog, I wish to say Merry Christmas! :)

Melanie