Friday, September 30, 2011

Short Course Kickoff Invitational ~ Day 2

Even though I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the swim team (and get all of my volunteer “credits” with that position), I always try to help with something at each meet. This meet, I signed up to do “hospitality” – taking water and snacks around to the officials, judges, and timers. I was able to do my shift with my good friends, Cherie Hunsaker (Gates’ mom, for those of you who know Gates and his story), and Paula Sheridan (Thomas’ mom). We had a lot of fun.

I signed up for the earliest shift, so I was done with my shift by the time Ryan started his events. He swam the 50 Butterfly…




100 Breaststroke…

And 100 IM…

As always, there were plenty of opportunities for Ryan to socialize with his friends, too. The kids work non-stop during practice, so meets actually provide them with more down-time to socialize. They always have a lot of fun together.

No comments: