Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Money Saving/Money Making Presentation

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this yet – just a couple of months after Papa was released as the bishop of the Young Adult ward, Rara was called to be the Relief Society president in their home ward. I guess they won’t get that break they were looking forward to!

Their Relief Society activity committee is also new, and they had an activity night scheduled for Tuesday, September 13. They were thinking of people they know who have great information to share. Rara recommended me. :)

I did a presentation on great ways to save money (and make money!) on the Internet, using sites such as Swagbucks. I took all of the things I have gotten free (shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent, other cleaning products, toothpaste, cereal, gas cards, and dozens of other gift cards) as my visual aids.

I had prepared a presentation that would take about 30 minutes, but with all of the questions, it ended up to be closer to an hour!

Rara had many compliments, and many people expressing their excitement to do some of the things I discussed.

A few days later, the person over activity nights gave me this incredible plate of treats as a thank you gift!

No comments: