Monday, September 7, 2009

Mom Money

Does every mother have this problem? Some days I feel that I should just record myself saying something, and play it over and over.

I have been giving Ryan an allowance since he started doing chores at about age 3. He receives a set amount every week, but then has the option to earn extra money for extra jobs. That worked for a while, and he did a good job saving for things he wanted. Lately, trips to the store have become obnoxious again, with him asking for something on every trip.

In the latest Family Fun magazine, there was a story about "Dad Dollars." The kids in the story could earn "Dad Dollars" not only for doing extra jobs, but when someone noticed that they had done something nice for someone else in the family.

They gave the website (see "Festisite" or in my "Other Blogs and Websites" list). I made some "Mom Money," and it has been a hit! I told Ryan that I would give him one "Mom Money" for every time he did something the FIRST time I asked. If it took more than that, he would not get any. I also told him that I would give him two for things that he saw that needed to be done, and just did them on his own. The kid is cleaning up (literallly and figuratively)!

Here's how our "Mom Money" turned out:I also had fun making a little "Motivating Money" for him. I told him that when he made his first REAL million, he could remember me. :)

No comments: