Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Yummy Thank You

I had a rough couple of days early this week. Copper is still getting me up a couple of times every night to go outside, so I haven’t had a full night’s sleep since we got him. On top of the sleep deprivation, I also had a couple of frustrations with work.

I always take Copper outside for a couple of minutes between my calls with students, but he hates it when I leave him in the kitchen alone. He whines and howls the whole time I’m on the phone, and it has become quite embarrassing. Tuesday morning, he did the same thing during one of my mid-morning calls. When I finished my call and went back into the kitchen, he had “done his business” on the kitchen floor. That was the last straw. I was a mere hair away from a meltdown!

When Copper has an accident in the house, I take him right outside to reinforce that’s where he’s supposed to go, then I go back in and clean it up. Tuesday when I took him outside, there was a van in my driveway. My mind started racing – did I forget a service appointment of some sort? A man got out of the van and said, “Melanie Olson? Delivery for you,” and handed me this…It had this note attached: “Thanks so much for all the support and encouragement over the past few years. I have truly appreciated working with you! WGU is so lucky to have such a wonderful person on their staff. Thank you!” It was from one of my students who just graduated!!! I emailed her immediately and told her the sequence of events immediately prior to the delivery. I told her that the timing couldn’t be better. Then I cleaned up Copper’s mess and enjoyed some of the fruit.

2 comments:

ME Moon said...

NOW you see why I couldn't do 3 kids, a dog, a household, etc! it's so much "fun"!!! I'm glad the timing was right for that "bouquet" to show up. You deserved it!

Cline Family said...

YUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1