Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Answers to Prayers

Tuesdays are our busiest day of the week. Ryan goes straight from school to swim team without coming home (the case every day but Friday), and then often changes clothes and eats dinner in the car on the way from swim team to his Junior Jazz basketball game. I often wonder if we’re doing too much (as in Elder Oaks' "Good, Better, Best" talk), but whenever I ask him if he wants to drop something, he gets mad at me. :)

Recently, Ryan and I have been spending a lot of time talking about a concern – something that has been kind of bothering both of us. The past couple of days, I have asked Ryan if he felt that we should go and talk with our Bishop, either separately or together. It’s nothing with our relationship, and it’s not anything that either of us has done wrong, but I thought maybe talking with someone else about it might help us feel better. Ryan asked me not to, so I didn’t follow through with anything.

About 15 minutes after we got home from our hectic day, our doorbell rang. It was our Bishop and one of his counselors. We LOVE our bishopric, and Ryan has a great relationship with the Bishop and both of the counselors. We had a great visit with them. Although we did not specifically discuss our concern, we felt better after talking with them. It is always amazing to me that even when no one else knows what we need, Heavenly Father knows what we need. And He always inspires those who are in tune to act in a way that is an answer to our prayers.

No comments: