Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WGU Meetings ~ February 8-12, 2011

Most of my blog readers know that twice a year I get to see my good friends and co-workers at our academic meetings. WGU employees from all over the country (and a couple from outside of the country) come to Salt Lake for a week of academic meetings and then graduation ceremonies. This year was my first set of meetings in my new position. It was so great! I’m back with my buddy, Cindy! Luckily we had plenty of meetings with the entire group, so I was able to spend time with Blake and Debra, too (as well as Scarlette, who didn’t make it for this picture).At our all-staff meeting Thursday night, I was also able to meet some of the evaluators that I supervise!Graduation was wonderful! Cindy and I sat together and had a lot of fun.


To illustrate the growth of WGU, when I first started, ALL faculty members sat on the stage behind the podium. This graduation, we all filled the balcony at Abravanel Hall!My favorite new tradition during the week of WGU meetings is having dinner on Saturday night with Cindy and Kim. In July, both of them were going through chemo, and neither had any hair. This time was much more celebratory, with both of them being cancer-free (and with some hair)!

No comments: