Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ryan’s Swim Meet ~ February 20, 2010

On Saturday, February 20, Ryan had a swim meet at an aquatic center near the University of Utah. I was required to be at graduation at Kingsbury Hall, on the University of Utah campus. I was hoping that since I didn’t have any students coming for graduation that I could skip it entirely, but I wasn’t able to make that arrangement. So Rara & Papa took Ryan to his meet.

I had signed Ryan up for his usual events when I did his registration. But as his first regular event was coming up, he went over to his coaches to check in. They had him down for an event TWICE AS LONG as his usual event! His main coach asked him if he wanted to try it, and he said he did! He tried it, and came in 4th!

We don’t get the official results for another couple of weeks. But he beat his own best time in his two other events, and set a new time for the new event. Rara and Papa said they think he came in second place in his other two events!

I am so proud of Ryan for being courageous and willing to try the new distance! I am also proud of him for beating his own time in his events. (With all of the excitement, as well as confusion about the events, no pictures were taken.)

No comments: