Friday, October 2, 2009

General Conference Activity Packet

Most of my followers know that this weekend is the semi-annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons). I thought I'd share a tradition that Ryan and I have, thinking that some of you may also enjoy this great resource.

For the past several years, I have downloaded the General Conference Activity Packet from http://www.ldsresources.net/. I have kept all of them since October 2007 in one binder, and Ryan and I enjoy looking through what he has done over the past couple of years. We've actually been doing it longer than that, but I honestly don't remember if we kept the other packets, and if so, where they are.

The most beneficial time we did this packet was in October 2007, when we attended a session of conference in the Conference Center right on my 40th birthday. It is recommended that kids don't attend conference until they are 8 years old. Ryan was about 7 1/2, but wanted to attend. I downloaded the packet and put it in a binder, and we took it with us to conference. The people around us all commented that my younger kid was better behaved and paid closer attention than most of their older kids! So...for any of you who will be watching conference with kids this weekend, it's a fun way to keep your kids engaged and observant. Enjoy!

No comments: