Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Man of the House

Starting this winter, Ryan has REALLY wanted to help shovel snow. In years past, he has been perfectly content watching me do it from the front window. I guess as he is getting older, he has the desire to do more and more of the “manual labor” that I usually do. Yea!

We’ve had snow pretty constantly the past few days. We only have one snow shovel, so I’ve still just been doing the shoveling. Ryan has wanted to help, but he is still learning the efficient ways of shoveling. :) His completed driveway has looked something like his cousins’ cousin, Ethan, in Nebraska. (Picture used with Ethan's mommy's permission.)


On Friday, I did the main part of the driveway, and then let him do the much-less-used other side. He was so cute doing it! I decided it was worth it to buy him his own shovel. Yesterday after work, we went and picked one out. He was so proud to use it this morning!

3 comments:

rachaeljanae said...

Snow shoveling is so fun for a boy to do. My boys go out there at least once a day when there's snow and shovel something.

We wish we could make it for the blessing, but traveling is getting very difficult. Hopefully we will make it out there in the summer when we don't have winter weather to contend with. Merry Christmas!

SydneyMin said...

Awww. I wish there were snow to shovel here! Send some along to Philly please :)

Lauren said...

My mom was very serious about the snow shoveling. She would be ashamed if she knew the state of her driveway while out of town.