Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bad Game, Good Party

I’ve been tempted just to let this whole thing blow over. You know, that thing last Saturday that we keep referring to as a game. But I will acknowledge it. Mainly because we had so much fun watching it! Ryan and Mom and Dad and I went to Marc and Frances’ house and watched it with them, the girls, and Frances’ parents. We all took yummy food to share, so that obviously made it more bearable, too.

Most of you know that I am the only BYU grad in my family. My mom has two degrees from the U, and Marc’s Bachelor’s degree is from the U. Luckily, my dad has been on the blue side of the fence my whole life. We also enjoyed 11 years of Cougar football season tickets together.

It was a good thing that we watched the game at Marc and Frances’ house. Playing with the girls was distracting enough that the outcome of the game wasn’t quite as painful.

Speaking of painful, Alice was born with clubbed feet, and she got her first casts last week. This set is on for 10 days, and then she gets new casts about weekly for about nine weeks. At that point, she will have to have her Achilles tendons cut (I KNOW!), and new casts for a while. Ryan enjoyed drawing on her casts throughout the evening.

No comments: