Sunday, January 1, 2012

PERFECT New Year’s Day!

Today was an incredible day! Papa, Ryan, Alice, Claire and I drove to Orem and met Marc & Frances at the Andersons’ church. Rara is now the Relief Society president in her ward, and was unable to go with us because she was teaching the RS lesson. It was the homecoming of Frances’ sister, Lauren. She had prepared her talk surrounding a talk by Elder Holland. A few minutes before the meeting started, in walked ELDER AND SISTER HOLLAND!!!

Lauren gave such a beautiful talk. She shared information from the talk given by Elder Holland, and then expounded on them with experiences from her mission. I have a soft spot in my heart for Elder Holland, since he was the president of BYU for most of my time there. He and Sister Holland truly had a love for each and every student, and were always so cute to express that love individually whenever possible. I was touched again by his tender love as he teared up during a few parts of Lauren’s talk.

After the meeting, Ryan & I debated going up to talk with Elder Holland, but there was already a huge crowd around him. Instead, we walked down the hall toward the parking lot. As we rounded one corner, Sister Holland was standing there. I introduced myself and told her that I had been one of her “kids” at BYU. She gave me a big hug and said how much she always appreciates it when former BYU students stop to say hello. I was so happy to have had that brief moment with her. I felt her love for me every bit as much as I always had as a student. And she radiates as much love as Elder Holland does, but in a more quiet and less public way. I have a great amount of love for both of them.

We went to the Andersons’ house for a wonderful luncheon and some fun time visiting with family and friends. The day was an amazing start to the new year!

No comments: