Monday, February 18, 2008

AWESOME Game!

Saturday after all of the graduation festivities, Ryan, Rara, Papa & I headed to Provo for the BYU – UNLV basketball game. We HAD to go – it was my Alma Mater vs. my former employer! We knew it would also likely be the best game of the season so far. BYU is currently first in the MWC (19-5, 8-1) with UNLV second 19-5, 8-2). Last month, UNLV beat BYU in Las Vegas 70-41, so there was some avenging to be done.

It ended up to be a great game! BYU led by as many as 29 points, with the final score being 74-48. That pushed the Cougars’ home court winning streak to 44 games! The Marriott Center was packed with 22,580 in attendance.
Ryan loved the game (with the exception of the one time that I forgot to warn him that I was going to whistle, and made him cry it was so loud. I need to remember to provide him with a warning). We were able to meet some of the basketball players at the tailgate party before the homecoming football game a few months ago. He has their autographs on his “growl towel,” so he always enjoys watching for the players he met.

The greatest part of the game for me was watching my mom, who has two degrees from the U of U and has also taught classes there, singing “Rise and Shout.” Now if we can get her to do that on Wednesday when BYU plays the U, we’ll have her converted!

No comments: